Yikes! I can't believe I made the decision. And I can't go back because the husband already took off work and it would be a pain in the ass to go back and change it now.
So, laparoscopic excision surgery is scheduled for July 13 with my new doctor. I am SO nervous. I'm nervous that the doctor will either not find anything, and that's surgery number 3 for nothing, or he's going to find something horrible. It's one or the other.
Although I'm really confident in my doctor, I am only about 80% confident that he is going to find endometriosis. When I told him I was thinking about having a hysterectomy just to be done with all the pain so I can move on with my life, he said it was jumping the gun. But if I wake up from anesthesia and they say they found nothing, like last time, I will be devastated.
But, for now I am jumping that gun! Countdown til July 13! 25 more days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope it all goes well and you get some answers! I agree that doing a hyserectomy when they haven't identified an issue is a bit premature (although, I know your feeling of frustration!). You wouldn't want to be without all that and still be in pain afterwards because they weren't sure (as sure as they can be sometimes by ruling out other etiologies). Yipes!
ReplyDeleteSending good vibes your way!
Good luck! My surgery is on 6/25. I have the exact same worries as you. I know its sad but it makes me feel a bit better I am not along on this. Keep up the good thoughts and I'll send more your way.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I know what you mean about being scared that they won't find anything... I just had my 2nd Lap and that was my biggest fear going into it. I sure do hope this surgery helps and provides you the relief you need... I too considered a hyst and my doctor kindly reminded me to slow my horses down... its amazing what pain will make you think/consider!
ReplyDelete