My latest fear is discovering endo on my bowels and waking up with a colostomy or bowel resection. I'm pretty sure there is something going on in that area due to my pain and the extremely painful exam I had about a month ago. I trust my doctor and I know he specializes in this, but if I have had endo for, say, 14 years, and it's been growing down there this long, I am worried at the damage that has been done.
I know I'm probably worrying way too much about it, but I think what brought this on is when I got the packet in the mail for surgery, I read that my bowel prep is an ENEMA! Um, what?! I've had 3 laps, and never have I had to do this, I've always done the gross drink and not eaten for 24 hours. So then I start thinking wow, he must really think there is something wrong that I need to do this. Then there was a downward spiral of panic of giving myself a freakin' enema.
Stay tuned for the "How the HELL do I give myself a freaking enema and can't I just eat a bunch of laxatives" post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, sweetie..don't stress. I have my lap tomorrow and was given the bowel prep info (doing it now, yuck). It included everything you listed, plus some. It is just a precaution in case they need to touch it. Be happy that the doctor is taking that extra precaution. I know it is scary but good thoughts are going your way!! Just think.. you have a good doctor that will do all they can..they will help you!
ReplyDeleteMy doctor thought I might need a great deal of work with my bowels, but they were able to just remove the endo thankfully. I didn't have a bowel prep with my surgeons here, but when I went to the CEC twice, I had to do the large bowel prep as well as the enema. It isn't so bad...promise :-)
ReplyDelete