Monday, June 8, 2009

Huh!?

This morning I got a call from my new doctor wondering if I had any questions or concerns left over from my appointment on Friday! My first thought was, WTF? A doctor is calling to see if he can be of service to me? And it's not a nurse, it's the actual doctor? This is too good to be true.

After I got over the initial shock, I did have a few questions. I asked him what happens if he gets in there and there's no endo. He said although it's highly unlikely based on the physical exam, he said we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I said I feel like just having a hysterectomy and being done with it all, and he said that's jumping the gun, let's wait and see what we find and then we'll decide which route to take. I also said (again) how reluctant I am to have surgery, and he said (again) this would really be my first surgery since no other doctor treated me properly.

So that really made me feel even better about having gone to the appointment and is making the decision to have surgery a lot easier. Right now they are scheduling about 7 weeks out, so it won't be at least til the end of July.

1 comment: