I finally got the official records from my surgery. I pretty much already knew everything, but two things surprised me:
1. I had a lot of adhesions. Like, everywhere the surgeon went, he found adhesions. I assume this is from the other 4 surgeries I've had. They were especially bad on and around my ovaraies (hence the oophoropexy). When I talked to him he didn't go into too much detail about this, but the report makes it seem like I am covered in them, which might explain why I am still in pain.
2. My surgeon sent 6 samples that he excised (it did say specifically in the report that he excised) to the lab. The pathology report came back as showing "no endometriosis found" on 3 of the samples! If there was no endometriosis found, what was that tissue? Obviously nothing too bad, but it makes me wonder how much endo I had if I am still in pain.
So now I am back to square one, it feels like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment