Friday, February 27, 2009

Osteopoenia

So I've had ostepoenia for the past 5 years, since my last round of Lupron. It doesn't affect me, I feel fine. I had a DEXA scan the other day to see how my bones were doing, and since the last idiot doctor I saw for endo thinks I should go on Lupron a THIRD TIME. I'm obviously not doing that, but I thought since I had the script for the scan I may as well get it done and have the results sent to me, since by now I may as well be a freaking doctor. (Let me add that I was the youngest person in the waiting room by say, 30 years). Anywho, I was happy to see that everything stayed the same. My spine is fine, and my hips were in the 78% percentile for my age range, which isn't great, but I think with exercise and being more religious about taking my calcium, I can get that a little higher.

I'm a little concerned because my mom was just diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 52, so I definitely need to watch and be careful. Even though I've never felt better on it, there is no more Lupron in my future. Certainly is crazy though how doctors will dole that stuff (well, anything really) out like candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment