Thursday, February 12, 2009

On hold, for now.

Well, barring any unforeseen circumstances, my plan to go to the CEC is on hold for now. I feel bad that I wasted their time, but I just don't feel right about it and I can't put my finger on it. The fact that I also had NO cramps last month (which brought me great fear and confusion, not joy like you would think) I think is clouding my judgement. It's been almost 60 days since I've been in horrible pain (Christmas Day to be exact, fun!), so it's almost in the back of my mind.

I think in the next few months my husband and I are going to make a decision about having kids. If we decide no, then I think that's when I'll make the decision to go to the CEC. If it's yes, then I need to think about how much fun being in pain with a baby will be, and how once I have said baby, I will be even more reluctant to travel 700 miles and pay out of pocket for surgery.

So, the saga continues.

3 comments:

  1. I really haven't done much research on it. What is the difference in that clinic and what my Dr. would offer? I trust my Dr...which is weird for me to say. I like that she is very current in research and relies on proven data. Do other, "conventional" clinics use these types of methods too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* You have to decide what is best for you. You didn't waste their time, it is a huge decision and you need time to process everything. While it was the best route for me I understand that it is a big step and having reservations are completely normal. I went the first time and just had excision because my endo had never been treated properly. I went for my second trip because I had adhesions badly, cysts on my left ovary, and was still in some pain. At that point, I made the decision to have a hyst only because I had exhausted all my options. And even then it was hard. I still wouldn't say it is easy, I'm 10 weeks post-op and still having a hard time with it. Good luck making your decision and whatever decision you make has to be right for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't worry about "wasting their time". Trusting your gut is very important. It's a big decision. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete