We have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:15! The Husband is not going to be liking that. Surgery is at 7:15. Barring any complications, I really hope to be home by around 1:00.
I was allowed to eat a light breakfast this morning, which surprised me. I had a couple scrambled eggs. Only clear liquids for the rest of the day. I am going to clean the whole house today and try to keep myself distracted. Maybe I'll make some Jello!
I am still pretty nervous about tomorrow. Of course, I had to go and Google "Laparoscopy complications". Why on earth would I do that?! Apparently the two most common are burning of the bowel and lung embolisms from the CO2 gas. Not really what I wanted to hear, but these complications almost always happen with inexperienced surgeons. My surgeon is the Chief of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at the university women's hospital, so I do feel confident in his ability. I've certainly had surgery before with less qualified people!
Oh yes, don't worry, I'm still freaking about the enema. I was mortified walking around CVS trying to find the "Enema Aisle".
I'll try to post an update sometime tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on how I'm feeling. I hope I'll have some positive news to report.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear an update. I am thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery! Update as soon as you can...take care sweetie!
ReplyDelete