Thursday, May 14, 2009

May Have Found a Specialist in My Area!

So in one of my hundreds of Google searches I may have found an endometriosis specialist in my city. He does excision surgery and actually knows what adenomyosis is. I talked to a few women about him who have had surgery with him and they have all good things to say; one had endo excision surgery and she is still pain free 2 years later, and one unfortunately had to have a hysto for adenomyosis. She is now pain free as well. So, I made an appointment for June 5. One of the women I spoke with did say he will be reluctant to do a hysto if I have not yet had kids, which I haven't. That worries me a little, but I need to stop putting the cart before the horse and just see what happens at the appointment.

The pain has been unbearable lately; I just took my first sick day last week which I was so mad about! I was doing okay since Christmas, but I guess it's coming back in full force for some reason. With summer coming and the beginning of my planning everything we do around my period starting up, I just decided it was time to do something about this once and for all.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds promising!!! Sorry that the pain is returning. :(

    ReplyDelete